SVSD is searching for an Executive Director
Resumes should be emailed to email@example.com
Executive Director Job Description
Position Summary: The Executive Director provides leadership, development, management and supervision of the Safety Village of South Dakota’s (SVSD) programs, fundraising, personnel, community outreach and financial management. The Executive Director is the primary contact with the community and Board of Directors. The Executive Director manages SVSD in keeping with the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement programs and/or curriculum for SVSD. Includes budget, volunteer coordination, program content, marketing and promotion, registration, annual program calendar, enrollment and evaluation records. Presentation to Board of Directors for evaluation and approval prior to implementation. Prepare post-program statistical and financial reports.
Fundraising and Marketing:
- Research and develop program and work plans to solicit funding and in-kind gifts from public and private sources: including but not limited to annual and/or capital giving campaigns, sponsorships, grants and donations. Develop and present programs to Board of Directors for approval, prepare budgets and reports. Fundraising efforts must meet or exceed budgetary needs. Evaluate and communicate results on a timely basis to the Board.
- Develop and maintain relationships, and increase database of donors, partnerships and prospects. Includes soliciting financial support from donors, service clubs or organizations in the community through presentations, service club memberships, direct mail, social media and attending community events relative to our agency. Analyze, evaluate and communicate results to the Board of Directors on a timely basis.
- Creation of materials and various communications to maximize public awareness of the agency (website, social media, donor communications, newsletter or direct mail, event calendar or others as necessary).
- Maintain, update and follow policies and procedures for fundraising and gift acceptance. Oversee recording and acknowledgement of gifts received, at a minimum complying with IRS regulations.
- Ensure policies and procedures are maintained and updated. Ensure compliance by staff and volunteers.
- Hire, train, and evaluate staff to ensure SVSD goals are met. Oversee payroll and benefits
- Recruit and train volunteers. Maintain and update the volunteer database. Prepare and update training manual and volunteer job description. Volunteer recognition/appreciation.
- Oversight of daily office operations and facility management.
- Maintain fiscal integrity by developing annual budgets, negotiate contracts and grants, overseeing tax and regulatory filings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to all city, state, federal compliance requirements governing a 501(c)3 organization.
- Actively participate with the Board of Directors and its committees to execute SVSD’s mission and strategic plan.
- Prepare Board meeting packets – Director’s monthly report should include at a minimum donor communications and results, community involvement, program recap.
Skill Set Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education
- Leadership, presentation, fund raising, public relations and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge and skills in Microsoft software, Quickbooks, internet-based applications, social media platforms, computer equipment and grant writing
- Ability for flexibility, accessibility, visibility in the work environment
- Accurate and timely completion of work requirements
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable personal transportation which is properly licensed and insured.
- Salaried full-time position which may include travel, night and weekend hours as needed.
- Other duties as required.